Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cold War Kids new LP Mines is Yours


I noticed the difference between this CWK album and the others in the opening seconds, and for a moment I had reservations about whether this would be an album I would like. I tend to trust the artist I like though and so I kept listening, and in the end i really loved it. The first couple CWK albums charm was the soulful quality of the music and the raw production style. Mine is Yours is still very soulful, but the production has slid to a more polished presentation. Honestly I like it both ways, the first couple albums were great just the way they are, and so is this new album. Too many people equate advanced production with some sort of effort to sell out, but if you listen without making any judgements you realize it is still the Cold War Kids and most of the things you love about them are still present. Nathan Willett's vocals still exhibit their unique flair, but it seems like he's tried to be more focused and technically sound. The guitars still have that great clean and bluesy tone. Each of the songs can stand on their own, much like in past albums. If you've never listened to Cold War Kids before, I would still suggest listening to Robbers & Cowards first, but this album is an excellent addition to their already solid career.

Buy It!!
Mine Is Yours (Deluxe Version) - Cold War Kids

And also their first two albums
Robbers & Cowards - Cold War Kids
Loyalty to Loyalty - Cold War Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment