Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bright Eye's The Peoples Key


I always love it when a new Bright Eye's album is released. Connor Oberst is such an amazing lyricist in my opinion, and the quality of the music and songwriting in the Bright Eye's records is always high. In The Peoples Key, it feels like a sequel to 2005's Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, which was a pretty different record in the bands canon. The record is conceptual, but not overtly Art-y, the songs hang together very well. There are moments where there is talk of UFO'S, space and time, but the songs don't really play up the idea of some grand space rock opera. They are just good. In fact I will put it out there and say that I think they are great! I hold the previous Bright Eye's albums in really high regard so its hard to say that this record is my favorite, but it is certainly up there, and may even be their strongest and most cohesive record yet.

Below is the official video for the song "Shell Games" from The Peoples Key, as well as links to buy the album along with some of the previous records.

The People's Key - Bright Eyes
I'm Wide Awake It's Morning - Bright Eyes
Digital Ash In a Digital Urn - Bright Eyes
LIFTED or the Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground - Bright Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment