Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Foo Fighters Wasting Light


I love the Foo Fighters! In fact I actually prefer the Foo Fighters over Nirvana which always causes people to give me a crooked look, but I don't care. As much as I like Nirvana I like the Foo Fighters even more. For their newest record Wasting Light, the Foo Fighters deliver another awesome batch of tunes. There was an effort by the band to make a heavier record, and seems like Wasting Light and One by One would be excellent companion pieces. For the recording a few familiar faces were brought in to get the job done. Butch Vig who of course produced Nevermind was brought in, as well as on again off again member Pat Smear. On the track "I Should Have Known" former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic even made a contribution. The record was recorded in Dave Grohls garage using an analog unit and it really adds some rawness to the sound but in the end it still has that Foo Fighters sheen. All in all I love the album, front to back as has come to be expected with the Foo's.

Pick it up Wasting Light - Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment