Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's Belong


As disappointed as I am the The Depreciation Guild are no more, I take some comfort in knowing that Kurt Feldman who was the main man behind TDG, and who is also the drummer for The Pains Of Being Pure at Heart, is still making some awesome music somewhere. I picked up the first TPOBPAH record after listening to The Depreciation Guild and really enjoyed it. So when TDG broke up and I heard that Kurt and TPOBPAH were going to make a new record I was encouraged. When I found out that it was gonna be produced by Flood and Moulder, the same genius minds that helped construct great albums for Nine Inch Nails and The Smashing Pumpkins, I was elated. The sound of Belong is big, but the tunes are still excellent and well crafted. The combination of TPOBPAH and Flood and Moulder's production makes for a potent combination. You will not be disappointed by this album at all. Make sure you check it out!

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - Belong by Slumberland Records

Please buy the record here and support a great band!
Belong - The Pains of Being Pure At Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment